Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Maison&Objet Paris

In January I had the pleasure of attending Maison&Objet, the massive Interior Design and Decorating exhibition which is held twice a year in Paris.  



I was completely overwhelmed by the scale of the exhibition.  Three days was just not enough to cover all 7 halls which were crammed with Design and Decor concepts and products from around the world.  The wallpapers and fabrics on display made for fantastic viewing.  It was often overwhelming with so many colours, textures, patterns and concepts on display that I found it difficult to spot a real trend.  With such varied suppliers exhibiting, the designs ranged from very conservative to ultra modern and there was truly something for everyone.

The chandeliers and pendants on display were mind blowing, with many of the chandeliers being so large that I could not begin to imagine the scale of the interior space where they could actually be used.

On the accessories side I was very impressed by Amadeus, Korb and Lou de Castellane. Their stand was divided up into different "rooms" and each one felt like I was entering a different world each time.  The stand was simple and understated, however full of little bits and pieces that just worked together to create a unique room each time.  For a stand displaying small objet it was not cluttered but a real visual indulgence which I greatly enjoyed.

The incredibly funky world of Kare Design caught my eye.  Their over-sized stand was a fantastic experience with the most exciting and eccentric furniture concepts that kept me inspired.

The amount of money that gets spent on these stands is incredible.  Those stands that were taken by designers and the larger furniture suppliers were astounding, I would be happy to live in one of those stands with the designer recreating a house with individual rooms.  You would actually enter the stand through "a front door" and walk from the entrance hall through to the dining room, lounge, study and bar area.  The lighting within these spaces was incredible and the amount of space that each stand comprised of was something I have not seen before.

Unfortunately taking photos was forbidden!  But this was an amazing experience which I thoroughly enjoyed and now that I know what it is all about I am looking forward to my next visit.

For more information visit http://www.maison-objet.com/en/paris




No comments: