Sunday, 20 January 2008

Jossi Design Travels to Escourt and Southbroom

Craig and I took a drive out to Escourt to meet with a possible client early Thursday morning. There was a fire in their house and the kitchen has been completely destroyed, with some damage to the lounge and dining room. The smoke has also caused some damage in the bedrooms as everything is coated in a black soot.


It is amazing to see the damage that fire can do to a house. It could have been alot worse for the couple but not a nice experience to go through at all. The builders are starting work on Monday, therefore Craig and I were briefed to provide a quote to redecorate the house.




Exterior View of Southbroom House


This week I also attended a breakfast networking meeting where I met many interesting people. I have been encouraged to join a networking breakfast to promote Jossi Design. So far I have enjoyed the experience and look forward to further breakfast meetings.


Lounge at Southbroom House


On Friday Bronwyn and I took the almost 2 hour drive to Southbroom to snag the holiday house we completed just before shutdown last year. The client put together a half page snag list which was emailed through to me. I took the office camera and Bronwyn and I met with the client to go through all the snags taking picture which we will then email to the relevant contractors.



A Bedroom at Southbroom House

The house is looking really beautiful and the client is very happy with the whole look of the house. Jossi Design was briefed by the client in the beginning of the project. The brief entailed 'Happy Colours' to be used in the Decorating. This is a brief which took me out of my usual style of design as I enjoy creating moody interiors. But I am extremely happy with the outcome and so is the client, which is the most important thing.

No comments: