Sunday, 04 October 2009

100% Design in London

Last week I took the opportunity to go to London to visit the 100% Design Show at Earls Court. Of course a week in London is a great just because of all the shopping but the show itself was very interesting as there were alot of new products I have never seen before as well as new ideas for furniture and light fittings that I found a real eye-opener.



The various wall finishes were incredibly interesting and this was further enhanced due to the clever use of lighting. Here the wall finishes become artworks themselves.

The light fittings were highly unusual and there were many new and interesting ideas that I can see being used in various interior applications.


One of my favourite ideas were the coloured glass writing panels which you fix to a wall. There is a magentic fitting that holds the pen in place. This not only looks like an artwork on the wall but it is functional and different from the standard white boards so often used.



I also had time to go to Tent London. The show was on a much smaller scale, in fact it felt more like an art exhibition however the artworks on display where clocks, wallpaper, furniture items, light fittings and accessories.

I also managed to go to Focus on the Sunday where the fabric houses along Kings Road allowed designers and decorators into the showrooms to enjoy some coffee and cakes while looking through the various wallpapers and fabrics available.

It was a great week and I managed to meet up with various friends which just added to the excitement of the trip. I am glad to be back and lets see how we can use these new ideas in future projects.

No comments: